Kids and adults can hit, throw, catch, kick to improve their game in tennis and other ball sports through these age-appropriate skills classes starting November 3rd.
DATES AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Fall II Session runs November 3-December 16
- Member Registration Opens: October 22
- Community Registration Opens: October 24
INSTRUCTOR: Charles F. Darley, Ph.D., CCTA Director of Tennis Instruction
- Saturdays – November 3-December 16
- Parent/Child Sports Skills 9:00-9:50 AM Ages 2-3
- Discover Tennis 10:00-10:50 AM Ages 4-5
- Explore Tennis 11:00-11:50 AM Ages 6-8
- Expand your Tennis Game 12:00pm-12:50pm Ages 9-18
These classes for junior and adult players will use wall-hitting activities for maximized practice and skill mastery. Emphasis will be on stroke technique, footwork, conditioning, and other athletic skills that are important for tennis players, but just as applicable to other sports.
Parent/Child (ages 2-3) Ball Sport Skills
A free-flowing ball-sport experience and guidance for 2 and 3 year olds along with their parent(s) or caregivers.
Basic Ball-Sport Skills for Adults
This class will teach adults of all ages the basic athletic skills of running, jumping, throwing, catching, passing (basketball, football, and soccer), shooting (basketball), and dribbling (basketball and soccer). The intent is to provide adults who have had little or no opportunity to learn basic athletic skills, with patient, non-judgmental, encouraging instruction in and experience with those skills so they can become competent and confident enough to use them in family or group activities.